Monday, November 28, 2011

Guess who's number 1!! ... and why Louisville didn't lose to UNC.... Ooops.




So it is early in the season, but guess who is number ONE in in NCAA basketball??


KENTUCKY (my alma mater)

I am not a big sports fan by any means - but I do bleed blue. After our dismal football season - what, you didn't know the University of Kentucky had a football team? We finally beat Tennessee after 26 years of losses..... yeah, UK had not beaten UT during my lifetime... until this past Saturday.  (YAY!)

... and if my weekend couldn't get any better...

We win our basketball game AND UNC (University of North Carolina - former #1) loses to UNLV.

P.S. I told my hubbie that University of Louisville  ( UNLV looks like it could stand for Louisville) had beaten UNC... and he went crazy... so excited that Kentucky teams were doing so well... until he got on ESPN and found out that I had really meant University of Las Vegas.

Huh? Las Vegas has a basketball team capable of beating UNC? Apparently UNLV makes it to the NCAA tournament... really? Totally spaced on that one... Probably because I thought it was the fancy abbreviation for  Louisville when I was creating my brackets.



Anywho, 

We play UNC this Saturday... so lets see if we truly belong at number one.

If you don't have a team to root for - wear your blue this Saturday!! (Or atleast cross your fingers for us!)

Me last year during basketball season... 



C-A-T-S Cats, CaTs, CATS!!!

(I definitely was enjoying the font color option today... probably due to my coffee drink.)

1 comment:

Fash Boulevard said...

crossing my fingers... and i love your blue cardi. super cute. so glad I found your blog. definitely following. If you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my fashion blog. It's all about the adventures of a southern girl turned LA local. xo

www.FashBoulevard.blogspot.com