Saturday, February 18, 2012

Eep... Getting Older

I just blinked this morning and realized that it is almost March.

How did this happen?? I believe every year of life, time gets just a little bit faster. A cruel joke, that's for sure.

I remember when I was young and all I wanted was time to fly by. "I just want to be a teenager", "I just want to be 16", "I just want to graduate"... Now, when I begin to look for the proverbial breaks - I realize I jumped in a runaway car... with no way to stop.

Filling out a survey last week for who knows what, I realized that I am no longer in the 18-25 bracket. I can't remember what age I was lumped in with, probably 40. 26-40. Eep... (Not that there is anything wrong with 40.) If you asked me what age I am, without thinking, I would probably say 24. It wouldn't be because I wanted to lie about my age, but I honestly feel like I should be 24.

I just need time to slow down - just for a little bit. Please?

Well since I did just turn the big "26," the hubby got a group of friends to celebrate... with me. We had a blast at Dave and Busters (an adult Chuckie Cheese.. just without the crime.)



Blowing out the candles on the homemade cookie cake - courtesy of the hubbie.

The hubbie

The knife that broke in the cookie... poorly made knife... awesome cookie


So here's to being 26... 2012... and still looking for the breaks.

No comments: