Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sheryl... The "Sprite Senior Citizen" on The Bachelor

Hi friends! I am about to embark on a weekend FULL of studying for my upcoming final, but wanted to share this little tid bit of news that came my way a few days ago.

Let me re-think that.

Is it news? Well, I am not too sure.


I have to keep reminding myself that the Bachelor is a reality show. (If you are still coming to terms with this, check out my post "The Reality of Reality TV.") After umpteen installments, and producers looking to get the most bang for their buck, fairy-tale endings are no longer cutting it.


I do remember those first few seasons, though. Not too much drama and with all those other "trashy" -  Find Your Potentially Rich Mate on a TV Show - show, I considered it classy. As classy as a reality tv show can get.

Well bring on season 16... and Sheryl



What do we know about Sheryl so far? Well according to ABC's own Bachelor Page , Sheryl considers age "just a number" and wouldn't give us any insight on her own. She loves "grabbing life whenever she can" (grabbing life? sounds a little creepy...) and she would "do almost anything" in order to impress a man.

Now friends, granted I have not watched the most recent seasons of the Bachelor, but Miss Sheryl appears that she is the only woman from her generation. Maybe the current Bachelor is looking for a woman over twice his age, and if that were the case... shouldn't they have cast more than one of the Golden Girls?

All the other contestants look like this:



Any who, thought it was a little interesting ... Maybe I'll check out Reality Steve, he always seems to have the "dish" on the ludicrousness that is the Bachelor.

It starts January 2nd on ABC... are you going to check it out?

2 comments:

Amanda C. said...

Wow, that's a little weird. Especially if she is the same age as the guys mom. Your blog is too cute. Stopping by from FTLOB

Kristen Danielle said...

Is this for real???

Bachelor always has to do SOMETHING to reel in viewers... and it worked. I'll be watching now!

:)

Xoxo,
Kristen