Saturday, February 12, 2011

I bleed blue… and today had tears of blue.


Come on kitty kats. We NEEDED to win an away game today. I wore my cute face tattoo, the hubs was decked out in all blue. I just don’t understand. We are UK!

I had been waiting for this day since the balmy July morning when I purchased Vanderbilt basketball season tickets. 


“You seem really excited” the super observant desk attendant commented as I wore my biggest smile.

“Oh I just can’t wait to watch UK play.”

“Wait. What?” A pair of brown eyes looked at me quizzically. Had he just heard this Vanderbilt employee right? Did she really just buy a pair of season tickets to watch UK play?

Why yes she did.


And you know what? We lost. It was close the whole game. Vanderbilt owned us with three pointers and we made stupid mistakes. Ugh. So sad, so disappointed. We were supposed to be good. We are UK!

Whelp. Not much else to say. At least we weren’t alone. (That is the nice thing about Big Blue Nation – you KNOW you will never be by yourself… always tons of supporters.) Here are some pictures from the sad, no good, very bad game.


Coach Calipari given the players a "talking to"











Fellow Big Blue Fans

No comments: