Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Years!! (Finally Joined 2011!)

Happy New Years!!

I have a pretty awesome husband and friends. Okay, really awesome.

I have a secret. I have been living in 2010 these past few days of 2011. Okay, I guess it really doesn’t qualify as a “secret” … I just haven’t been telling people about my pseudo-denial.

I love holidays; even the itty bitty ones. Perhaps I just like a reason to get together with good friends and have dinner and dress up. I am not quite sure. Whatever the motive, I was pretty bummed that I couldn’t celebrate NYE outside of work. (P.S. I did enjoy spending time with my friends and the babies at work… but work IS work.)

The resolution to this dilemma? Post pone NYE for a few days until we could get a few people together to celebrate! Our friends J and M were all for this idea and of course the hubbie joined in. In preparation we DVR’ed (what would we do without this wonderful invention?!?) Dick Clark’s New Years Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest and waited until January 4th. Once the day arrived, we had a wonderful dinner and began our celebrating at 8pm… nothing beats friends, board games, and a little bit of bubbley.

By 10p.m. the ball had dropped, games had been won… (Harry Potter Clue is HARD to beat.. Poor Ron Weasley died before we could save him) and it was time to depart. Not before we came up with the wonderful idea that the scrabble slam cards should be incorporated in some pictures! (and ultimately, we decided, everyday life.)

Wisdom of the night… If you have an event or holiday that you want to celebrate, don’t fret if the exact day doesn’t work out. Grab a group of friends and loved ones and recreate the day… it’s not what’s on the calendar that makes the day… its how you decide to celebrate it that matters.

Here are some pictures of our Rockin’ Evening!!! (Glad I can join everyone in 2011 now!)





















No comments: