Sunday, November 14, 2010

A lil’ peek …

J and I have our own rooms. You could call them caves, havens, or simply extra space to keep our “junk” that won’t fit elsewhere.

I love my “junk.” It is a hodgepodge of everything that makes me, me. From books to the color pink; from pictures to flower pens – all of these pieces fit perfectly into the mosaic that I see as my life.

I just want to warn you that my room and everything in it won’t be found in the next edition of “Better Homes and Garden.” I could never commit that space to a certain style/theme, as I, myself, don’t even have one. And you know what? I am okay with that. Until I find someone else with my identical fingerprint, I plan on making my life “one of a kind.”


Here is a lil’ peek of my life’s “one of a kind” mosaic…





This is "My Prized Possession" shelf. From a picture of my engagement to my hubby, to some of my awards and degrees, with a signed picture of Daniel Radcliffe completing the "mezcla" (<-- spanish word for mix or blend.) Everything up there brings a smile to my face.





Another shelf of meaningful items, I especially love the jars on the second level. Entitled, "Miracles, Warm wishes, and Mistakes," I like to add to these occasionally with little slips of paper. On days when I am looking to reminisce, I open them back up and peer through little blurbs of memories.







My book shelf... which is unfortunately not big enough. My kindle is currently hanging out in the shelf too, trying to pretend it is a book. If you can't tell, I absolutely LOVE books that come in series... the thought that there will be more books usually lures me into the first read. (I also have a tendency to power read aka reading more than one book at a sitting. Not healthy.) My next read? "The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo."






This is a picture that I am particularly proud of. Where did I find it? Well the picture frame, I picked up at Walmart for six dollars and the picture itself is actually wrapping paper I cut out. I am a huge Lilly Pulitzer fan and this was a little thing that I thought would make a wonderful addition to my room!





Well that was it, ladies and gentlemen! Everyone needs a little personal space and that was mine. Have a great day!

No comments: