Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Beyonce's "Single Ladies" ... and Tears of Joy

I never thought that Beyonce's Single Ladies Song would bring me to tears...

I have written about my job as a NICU nurse and how much it means to me. We see the best of times and the worst of times. It can be very, very hard. Being a nurse, however, has allowed me to see miracles - and this is not an understatement.

Below is a video of one of the babies that I was blessed to take care of during his long stay with us at the hospital. We are coming to the year anniversary that his wonderful parents were able to take him home and he has been thriving ever since!

To many he looks like VERY happy baby walking and dancing to the song "Single Ladies," but to others we see a Miracle - a former 25 week baby that had weighed 1 pound and 10 ounces and fought for his life being one of the sickest ones in the unit.


I can not help but to shed a few tears and to be soooo proud that I got to know this little man! You can follow his mommy's blog HERE


No comments: