Sunday, October 18, 2009

Why I Love Fall ...

Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.

Elizabeth Lawrence



Top Five Reasons I Love Fall

5. Fires, Throw Blankets, and Hot Chocolate
The crispness of the air brings a smile to my face. One of my most relaxed states is when I am curled up in a warm blanket, in front of the fire, with a warm cup of hot chocolate.










4. The Changing of the Leaves
I think it is such a beautiful thing when the green leaves that we have enjoyed all year put up one "big show" before they fall to the ground. Who could imagine the true brilliance of the reds, yellows, and oranges if they haven't seen it for themselves? The tropics really miss out!


















3. Halloween
Creativity comes to life through stories, decorations, and costumes. It doesn't have to be all scary!























2. Carving pumpkins and Making "Fall" Foods
I absolutely love carving pumpkins. It is something that I have been doing since I was a little girl and would never end this tradition. Grab your loved ones and a group of friends and this activity can make a night as well as some good laughs! Did I also mention making food? I did! This year, a friend and I made pumpkin spice muffins with cream cheese, and they were absolutely fabulous. So maybe I am getting better at cooking! Practice makes perfect!



































1. Thanksgiving
I especially love this holiday. It gives families and friends a chance to get together and celebrate their love for each other and everything for which they are thankful. I also have a weakness for dark meat, stuffing, and most importantly - home made mashed potatoes! (Lets hope that my Thanksgiving Dinner will look like the one below!)

No comments: