Sunday, May 29, 2011

I have jumped on the bandwagon... couponing bandwagon

So I promise that I am not turning into to one of the hoarders... err I mean perfectly normal people on "Extreme Couponing."

I personally don't find the enjoyment in purchasing 100 bottles of hot sauce for $1... I do enjoy saving money on things I will use...

Example...


Colgate Tootpaste

- On sale for 88 cents
- Coupon for 75 cents

TOTAL: 13 cents for toothpaste.. YAY!!!


1 Old Spice Body Wash - Fiji - 3.99
- Manufacturers Coupon, Buy 1 O.S. Body Wash, Get One Free
- Manufacturers Coupon, Buy 2 O.S. Body Wash, Get $1 off
- Target Coupon, Buy 1 O.S. Body Wash, Get $1.50 off

Total (At Publix): 2 Old Spice Body Washes - $1.49 (75 cents/ bottle)



Ok, so I am so excited... it takes time, you can't coupon over night. J and I got a subscription to the newspaper (Fri-Sun & Holidays) for $12.50 a year.  I started collecting coupons in late March (from the news paper and coupons in the mail - Red Plumb etc)... and now we are saving $40-50 + / every 2 weeks (when we go grocery shopping.) How EXCITING??


 (Not sure why it keeps flipping itself) ... my couponing binder


My awesome friend suggested a site that she frequents, Southern Savers... and Jenny - the website/blog author is fantastic. She lets you know the weekly deals and which coupons you can use to get the most for your money. She even includes links to manufacturer websites to print off more coupons. I l.o.v.e it. I really do. 


Jenny focuses on Bi-Lo, Harris Teeter, Target, Publix, Kroger and a few of the drug stores. On the Sundays that we go shopping, I usually grab the ads (Kroger, Publix, and Target) check Southern Savers and get to work.


Some things that I have learned so far...

* Publix accepts coupons from Target and Kroger
* Both Publix and Kroger doubles coupons up to 50 cents... any day of the week
* As long as they aren't identical coupons, you can use similar ones to get more money off...
* Kroger is not always cheaper
* Prices on all food fluxuate over a six week time span
* Many times coupons come out when that product advertised is at its highest price... save it and wait for a sale.. or for the price to lower.

Oh... and I love saving money. :)

No comments: