Thursday, January 13, 2011

A recipient of an unfortunate fortune?

As I peel away the thin plastic, the only inedible layer between me and a piece of paper that will give an inkling of the minutes and hours to follow, I pause.

I pause because this is my last blissful moment of living life carefree without the weight of my ENTIRE future crushing my weak scapulas – surely causing nerve damage and a life filled with chiropractor appointments and massages.

Perhaps I am being merely melodramatic. Perhaps not.

I will let you decide after reading the message that spilled out of my slightly stale fortune cookie one fateful Sunday. A silly nonsensical phrase pumped out by a company in California or an omniscient presence making a cryptic plea to a previously oblivious recipient?

We’ll see. What do you think?


**Cue scary, foreboding music**

No comments: